SILKE Hair Wrap to the rescue...
As much as for some of us hair wash day is a glorious time that we look forward to, when you really take the time and effort to blow-dry and style your hair, you want it to last! Prolonging your blow-dry also allows you to be kinder to your hair by minimising the amount of heat damage you force your locks to endure...
We’ve put together our top tips, and some styling guidance to assist your blow-dry in going the extra mile!
1) THE SILKE LONDON HAIR WRAP...THAT'S IT!
One of the main benefits of wearing a Hair Wrap nightly is to prolong the life of your blow-dry.
How does it work we hear you ask? 100% mulberry silk has gorgeous properties when you cocoon your hair in it overnight. It distributes the natural oil from your scalp through the mids and ends of your hair, this avoids oil build up at the roots and also hydrates through the lengths.
2) SAY NO TO ABRASIVE FABRICS.
The Hair Wrap does for your hair, what a silk pillowcase does for your skin. Cocooning your hair in 100% silk protects your cuticles from rubbing against abrasive fabrics...(Cotton pillows and sofa cushions, we’re looking at you!)
This helps to banish the bed head as the 100% silk interior is helping your cuticles to stay nice and flat.
3) WRAPPING YOUR HAIR CAN HELP HOLD ONTO YOUR STYLING!
Wrapping your hair into a loose bun before popping the Hair Wrap on creates gorgeous texture. In the morning you simply whip it off and you’re ready to go...No need to reach for the styling tools.
4) FLAT HAIR? NOT FOR US...
Greasy roots can pull the hair down, making it flat and lifeless. As the Hair Wrap distributes your oils throughout the mids and ends of your locks there’s no oil build up at the root, meaning less greasy hair.
You can continue to enjoy lightweight bouncy volume for day 3, 4 + 5...
5) AVOID ENVIRONMENTAL STRESSES.
We’re in the midst of transition season, and whilst the sun looks glorious outside, that windy weather is still rearing its head. Our founder, Maria Sotiriou, wears her hair wrap beneath a hat or umbrella to protect her hair from the elements.
Nothing ruins a blow-dry like a secondary blow-dry from the wind!
And now for some styling tricks...
- Avoid up-dos that you have to redo time and time again... *cough* messy buns *cough*.
The more you touch your hair taking it in and out of your up-do, the more dirt and grease you’re rubbing on your locks via your hands, and the more damage you could be causing.
We would recommend choosing an up-do that you can create and then leave all day. Right now we love a slicked back low pony, or braid. It looks super put together and no one would ever suspect that you’re due a hair wash!
- Always reach for our SILKE Hair Ties. They’re made from 100% mulberry silk with a super strong elastic on the inside, so you can create the most perfect up-do with no risk of kinks, snapping or snagging when you decide to take it down.
Elastic ties with metal clasps are prone to ripping and tugging... Don’t do that to your locks.
- We LOVE hair accessories. They’re the biggest trend of the season for a good reason. They’re the perfect way to complete a look and look super ‘finished’ without having to spend time washing and styling your hair.
Our personal faves are the headband, embellished clips *heart eyes* and our gorgeous 100% silk Hair Ties (we're only slightly biased) that come in colours that look good enough to eat & will glam up any hair style, without any effort!