Summer Hair Prep with SILKE London
Following two years of restrictions, collectively we’re all revved up and ready for travel - Summer holidays are starting early this year!
Cue, top hair care tips from SILKE London’s founder, Maria Sotiriou, a hair stylist with 30+ years of experience, to get your hair ready and swishy for all the fun in the sun.
“The idea behind prepping your hair for Summer is really to get your hair as hydrated and supple as possible; hair will always look its best when this is achieved! Your Summer colour will not only look more shiny, but retain its pigment far better, and unwanted breakage will be reduced!”.
Starting from mid-Spring it’s all about the treatments. Maria recommends:
Pre-wash oil treatments: natural oils such as argon, coconut or olive are Maria’s go-tos.
Add a drop of castor oil; a perfect boost of hydration for extra dry hair.
Less styling; by treating your hair properly and wearing your SILKE Hair Wrap nightly your hair will instantly require less styling. That means less breakage, snapping and product build up!
Right before your holiday Maria suggests a trip to the salon, of course…
“Booking in your colour and trim before going away on holiday is always the right choice.
It’s a good idea to go one shade darker through the Summer months, this will help compensate for your hair lightening up in the sun. Retaining as much pigmentation in the hair will limit the appearance of dry and brittle hair as well.”
Then during your holiday keeping on top of your hair care should be super easy. Maria shares these amazing pro tips:
- Use a leave-in conditioner or mask with built in UVA + UVB protection; it’ll save your hair from the sun!
- Better yet, take your SILKE Hair Wrap everywhere you go. Not only does it act as a physical barrier against abrasive fabrics, but also protects your mane from sun damage.
- Sun loungers and hotel towels are what Maria calls, ‘graters’; the worst culprits when it comes to hair damage. Always pop on your SILKE Hair Wrap whilst lounging and pack an old t-shirt for when you need to hair wash.
- Top up on hydration nightly; not only will the Hair Wrap encourage your cuticles to lay flat so you can skip the bedhead come morning, but it also distributes your scalp's natural oils from root to tip for extra, much needed hydration.
- Prolong that blow-dry; by Wrapping nightly you’ll be able to rock day 4, 5 + 6 hair. Less need for washing, styling and excess product - all you need to do is enjoy your holiday hair!
There you have it - everywhere you go, always pack your SILKE Hair Wrap!
Love, SILKE xo